Tacoma Art Museum Visitor Services Representatives are responsible for greeting visitors, monitoring the galleries, protecting the art, and ensuring that all visitors have a positive museum experience while maintaining an enthusiastic and amiable demeanor. They are also responsible for gallery surveillance, general knowledge and understanding of museum exhibitions and programming, and other tasks as necessary. Weekends, holidays, and evening special events required.
Visitor Services Representatives welcome and orient all visitors, ensure safety of artworks in galleries and public spaces, employ creative problem solving, and resolution of visitor issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service and project management skills
- Familiarity with computer systems
- Solid organization and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work as a team player
- Interest in art history or museum field
- At least 2 years of college preferred
- Part-time position (15-25 hours per week)
- Must be able to work Sundays and New Year's Eve
- Position start date: November 13, 2012
- Postition end date: January 6, 2013
- Hourly pay rate: $9.25 per hour
Position is open until filled
Send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to:
Tacoma Art Museum
1701 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402
Or email HR@TacomaArtMuseum.org
Tacoma Art Museum's nationally recognized exhibitions and innovative educational programs attract thousands of visitors annually to its galleries and events. By making connections for viewers which may not be instantly obvious, Tacoma Art Museum has developed a reputation for presenting 20th century art in a thought-provoking yet accessible manner. Tacoma Art Museum has also made a strong commitment to Northwest art through its acquisition and exhibition programs.
For an individual with strong organizational and administrative skills, a passion for art, and a desire to provide innovative education programs as part of a creative and collaborative team, this is an excellent opportunity at one of the most outstanding museums in the Pacific Northwest.