Tacoma Art Museum's Polar Plaza Visitor Representatives are responsible for greeting visitors, selling ice rink admission and skate rentals, issuing skate rentals, and ensuring that all visitors have a positive experience. They also maintain an enthusiastic and amiable demeanor. Responsible for other duties as assigned. Weekends and Holidays required.
- Excellent customer service and project management skills
- Familiarity with cash register systems
- Cash handling expertise
- Solid organization and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work as a team player
- Must be able to lift 75+ pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Part-time position (20-30 hours per week)
- Position start date: November 21, 2013
- Position end date: January 12, 2014
- Pay rate: $9.50 per hour
Position is open until filled.
Send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to:
Tacoma Art Museum
1701 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402
Or email HR@TacomaArtMuseum.org
Tacoma Art Museum's nationally recognized exhibitions and innovative educational programs attract thousands of visitors annually to its galleries and events. By making connections for viewers which may not be instantly obvious, Tacoma Art Museum has developed a reputation for presenting 20th century art in a thought-provoking yet accessible manner. Tacoma Art Museum has also made a strong commitment to Northwest art through its acquisition and exhibition programs.
For an individual with strong organizational and administrative skills, a passion for art, and a desire to provide innovative education programs as part of a creative and collaborative team, this is an excellent opportunity at one of the most outstanding museums in the Pacific Northwest.