Summer Art Camp Hours
Campers must be dropped off at Tacoma Art Museum between 9–9:15 am. Scheduled activities begin promptly at 9:30 am. Campers must be picked up by 5 pm. Late pick-up charges will apply. Note that the museum does not open to the public until 10 am and closes at 5 pm.
Tacoma Art Museum reserves the right to cancel any program if enrollment is insufficient. Any tuition paid will be refunded in full. If you must cancel your child’s enrollment, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may offer the space to another child. If two weeks written notice before the start of the session is given, you will be issued a refund for the amount of tuition, less $50.
Tuition for Summer Art Camps cannot be refunded or pro-rated if your child is absent. Make-up classes are not offered. We have reserved space for each child exclusively during the designated week(s) and maintain a waiting list for those who register after the space is full.
Medical Information and Hold Harmless Agreement
A Medical Information Form and a Hold Harmless Agreement will be mailed to all participants or guardians of registered Sleepover guests and Summer Campers. All forms must be returned to Tacoma Art Museum prior to the start of the event or the child will not be allowed to participate.
Summer Art Camp Partial Scholarship Program
Tacoma Art Museum offers a limited number of partial scholarships for Summer Art Camp depending on enrollment. If any of the sessions have low enrollment one week prior to its start, additional scholarships will be considered. The scholarships will be awarded through a lottery selection system.
To apply for a scholarship, please submit the following in addition to your registration form:
- A statement from the parent/guardian explaining extenuating circumstances and the amount that you are able to contribute towards camp tuition
- A short written statement from the child expressing interest in attending Summer Art Camp
Please submit your statements to:
Tacoma Art Museum
Attn: Summer Art Camp
1701 Pacific Ave
Tacoma, WA 98402
Or Email Education@TacomaArtMuseum.org
In order to qualify, scholarship applications must be received by Saturday, June 1, 2013.
All eligible applicants will be entered into a lottery drawing, and the winning scholarship recipients will be notified by the following Wednesday, June 6. The family’s financial contribution will be due at that time to complete the registration process.
Please note, recipients agree to the following:
- Award recipients and guardians are required to adhere to the rules of the camp.
- Award recipients are responsible for their own transportation to and from camp each day.
- Award recipients are responsible for providing their own lunch.
- Recipients are required to fill out the medical information form and Hold Harmless Agreement and return them to Tacoma Art Museum before the start of the camp.
Contact Tacoma Art Museum for more information. Still have questions about Summer Art Camp? Email Education@TacomaArtMuseum.org or call 253.722.2455.