Submitting an Artist Portfolio
Thank you for your interest in submitting information about your work to Tacoma Art Museum. We appreciate learning about you and your art. To ensure the timely and thorough review of your materials, please follow these submission guidelines.
- Resume detailing exhibition history, collections, and gallery representation
- Artist’s statement, including relevance to Tacoma Art Museum’s mission: Connecting People through Art. Tacoma Art Museum serves the diverse communities of the Northwest through its collection, exhibitions, and learning programs, emphasizing art and artists from the Northwest.
- Images of artwork (up to twenty). Digital images on CD or a on a website are preferred. The museum no longer accepts slides, transparencies, or color prints without prior written consent.
- Please do not submit original artwork. The museum cannot accept unsolicited artwork through the mail or in person without prior written communication. The museum will not be responsible for lost or damaged material.
- Copies of published exhibition reviews
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope to ensure return of your materials
Materials should be mailed to:
Tacoma Art Museum Curatorial Department
Attn: Artist Submissions
1701 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402
Submissions are not accepted by e-mail or in person.
The curatorial staff reviews submissions on an ongoing basis. Due to the high volume we receive, we will mail a reply within three to six months of your submission.
Our exhibition schedule is planned a minimum of two years in advance and emphasizes thematic exhibitions and work by established Northwest artists.