Submitting an Exhibition Proposal
Thank you for your interest in submitting an exhibition proposal to Tacoma Art Museum. To ensure the timely and thorough review of your proposal, please follow these guidelines.
- Exhibition proposal explaining rationale, relevance to Tacoma Art Museum, and artwork to be included
- Information about curatorial expertise and any relevant biographical information
- Fact sheet detailing number and size of artworks in proposed exhibition, linear or square feet required, costs, insurance coverage, and scheduling availability
- Images of artwork: Digital images on CD or a on a website are preferred. The museum no longer accepts slides, transparencies, or color prints without prior written consent. Please do not submit original artwork. The museum cannot accept unsolicited artwork through the mail or in person without prior written communication. The museum will not be responsible for lost or damaged material.
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope to ensure return of your materials
Materials should be mailed to:
Tacoma Art Museum Curatorial Department
Attn: Exhibition Proposals
1701 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402
Proposals are not accepted by e-mail or in person.
The curatorial staff and program planning committee review proposals on an ongoing basis. Due to the high volume of proposals we receive, we will mail a reply within three to six months of submission.
Our schedule is planned a minimum of two years in advance and emphasizes thematic exhibitions and work by established Northwest artists. Exhibitions are carefully balanced to offer a wide variety of programming; therefore, we are rarely able to incorporate unsolicited proposals.