Tuesday, April 30, 10 am – 2 pm
Join us for a special day just for homeschool students! Discover how artists express ideas about the history and community of the Pacific Northwest. Participate in a guided tour of works of art in the museum. Create your own artwork, learning from an expert teaching artist. Spend time exploring the galleries on your own, with self-guided activities and a scavenger hunt. Check out art-making activities in TAM Studio.
We offer different tracks for different ages of students:
- Children under the age of 4 are welcome to accompany adult chaperones and participate in self-guided exploration and TAM Studio activities. Guided tour and facilitated art-making activities may not be developmentally appropriate for children under 4 years old.
- Students age 4 – 12 can participate in the Our Northwest Home guided tour and facilitated art-making activities, as well as self-guided exploration and TAM Studio activities. Students under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- Students age 13 – 18 have a special advanced track just for them! Join other teenage homeschoolers for the People & Places guided tour and facilitated art-making. Go more in-depth about the history of this region and take bigger risks with art-making materials.
Program cost includes all materials. Lunch not provided; you may bring your own sack lunch or plan to purchase lunch in TAM Café.
- 10:00-10:20 am: Check-in
- 10:20 am: Welcome and orientation
- All day (10:30 am – 2 pm):
- Self-guided gallery activities
- TAM Studio drop-in art-making
- Guided tours: 10:30 – 11:30 am and noon – 1 pm
- Facilitated art-making: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm and 1 – 2 pm
- 2 pm: Closing gathering
$10 per student; one adult chaperone per family free ($5 per additional adult); children under 4 free.