Tuesday, February 26, 10 am – 2 pm
Join us for a special day just for homeschool students! Be among the first students to explore the new Rebecca and Jack Benaroya Wing, full of glass art from the Pacific Northwest. Discover how artists use line, shape, color, and other elements to create meaning in their art. Participate in a guided tour of works of art in the museum, focusing on glass art. Create your own art work inspired by glass, learning from an expert teaching artist. Spend time exploring the galleries on your own, with self-guided activities and a scavenger hunt. Check out art-making activities in TAM Studio. The guided tour and facilitated art-making activities are designed for students age 4-18. Children under 4 are welcome to accompany adult chaperones and participate in the self-guided exploration and TAM Studio activities.
We offer different tracks for different ages of students:
- Children under the age of 4 are welcome to accompany adult chaperones and participate in self-guided exploration and TAM Studio activities. Guided tour and facilitated art-making activities may not be developmentally appropriate for children under 4 years old.
- Students age 4 – 12 can participate in the How Artists Create guided tour and facilitated art-making activities, as well as self-guided exploration and TAM Studio activities. Students under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- Students age 13 – 18 have a special advanced track just for them! Join other teenage homeschoolers for the Tools of Expression guided tour and facilitated art-making. Go more in-depth about artists’ choices and take bigger risks with art-making materials.
Program cost includes all materials. Lunch not provided; you may bring your own sack lunch or plan to purchase lunch in TAM Café.
- 10:00-10:20 am: Check-in
- 10:20 am: Welcome and orientation
- All day (10:30 am – 2 pm):
- Self-guided gallery activities
- TAM Studio drop-in art-making
- Guided tours: 10:30 – 11:30 am and Noon – 1 pm
- Facilitated art-making: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm and 1 – 2 pm
- 2 pm: Closing gathering
$10 per student; one adult chaperone per family free ($5 per additional adult); children under 4 free.