Call for Altars – Dia de los Muertos
Applications are closed.
Join Tacoma Art Museum and partners in celebrating the 13th Annual Día de los Muertos at TAM!
In honor of Día de los Muertos, Tacoma Art Museum invites individuals and groups to create altar installations to be displayed throughout the museum.
Altars are a traditional aspect of Día de los Muertos. People create altars to honor the lives of those who have passed. Altars range from simple to very elaborate and are usually filled with photographs and objects that were dear to the departed. They are made with loving care and filled with ofrendas (offerings).
Space is limited to 30 altars. To reserve your altar space, please contact Melody Rodriguez at 253-381-0446 or email@example.com
Friday, September 25
- Call for Altars Closes
Sunday, October 22
10 am – 5 pm
- Build altars at TAM
October 24 – November 5
Tuesday-Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
- Altars on display at TAM
Sunday, November 5
10 am – 4 pm
- Día de los Muertos Free Community Festival
- Participants can begin to disassemble and remove altars after 4 pm on November 5.
Wednesday, November 8
10 am – 5 pm
- All altars and personal items must be removed by 5 pm.
Download Call for Altars
- For questions in English, please contact Britt Board at 253-272-4258 x3062 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions in Spanish, please contact Melody Rodriguez at 253-381-0446 or email@example.com