Middle and High School (6th - 12th grade) Programs
Choose from one of the following themes for your group’s virtual program. We can also work with you to create a customized program to meet your learning goals.
For info on school tour pricing, required chaperone ratios, cancellation policies, and more, click here.
Programs consist of a 30-60 minute virtual tour (timing dependent on school schedule). Identity and Self-portraiture also includes an approximately 30-minute facilitated art-making activity with materials provided. Suggested pre- and post-program activities help extend student learning.
- $100 per program session (up to 30 students)
- Identity and Self-portraiture: Add $75 per classroom (up to 30 students)
- Art-making materials can be delivered to local school sites (Pierce County, Thurston County, South King County, and South Kitsap County) free of charge. Outside this area, schools are responsible for paying the shipping cost.
- Scholarship rate: 25% off
- Building discount: If multiple teachers from the same school book a program, each program receives 10% off. (This can be combined with scholarship rate if applicable.)
Tools of Expression
How do artists use the elements of art and the principles of design to communicate meaning? Critically analyze works of art through a virtual tour.
Supports state Visual Art standards
What happens when words and art meet? Ekphrastic poetry is poetry inspired by works of art. Explore art from TAM’s collection on a virtual tour, creating your own ekphrastic poetry in response to the art.
Supports CCSS English Language Arts standards and state Visual Art standards
Identity and Self-Portraiture
Artists use many techniques to express identity. Explore portraits on a virtual tour. Then, create your own self-portrait to show the world what’s important about your own identity.
Supports CCSS English Language Arts standards, state Visual Art standards, and state Social-Emotional Learning standards
Questions? Please email us at Tours@TacomaArtMuseum.org or call 253-272-4258 x3026
School Group Tours are generously supported by
US Bankcorp Foundation, The Florence B. Kilworth Foundation, The Gottfried and Mary Fuchs Foundation,
Wheeler Charitable Trust, and William Kilworth Foundation.