Social Media Toolkits
Thank you for engaging with TAM online and helping us spread the word about our exhibitions, events, and exciting experiences!
Online Community Guidelines
Tacoma Art Museum is committed to providing an open forum to discuss issues ranging from art and history to community and cultural events. We encourage you to engage with us on our social media platforms:
The goal of TAM’s social media presence is to tell meaningful stories, build connections with our community, and enhance awareness of the Museum as a resource of expertise in research and collections areas.
The Museum adheres to the below user policy on all social media channels:
Tacoma Art Museum welcomes your comments and encourages all of our users to express their opinions freely and enter into informed debate. Please note that you are individually responsible for the content of your comments. Comments are not pre-moderated on most platforms and will be immediately released into the public domain. Our community is diverse and all ages. Opinions expressed in posts not administered by Tacoma Art Museum are not necessarily those of the Museum and its staff. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of these posts.
We encourage dialogue and conversation and want our social media platforms to be an open and honest forum. That being said, we also want posts to be courteous, constructive, and content should be for an all-ages audience and should not cause offense. We reserve the right to delete any of the following content and block users who share such content:
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful or racist posts, links, or images
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organization
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or not-for-profit organizations, websites, contests, or promotions
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
Additionally, for your own safety please do not post personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses, and telephone numbers. Comments containing this information will be removed.
Your comments are welcome at any time. To the best of our abilities, we will moderate them and respond between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. We intend to moderate comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day. Please refer to our website for more information about visiting the Museum and see our upcoming events.
Communications made via TAM social media pages will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the Tacoma Art Museum or any official or employee for any purpose.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to PublicRelations@TacomaArtMuseum.org through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments.
Current Exhibition Toolkits
- Animals: Wild and Captured in Bronze
- Immigrant Artists and the American West
- Native Portraiture: Power and Perception
- Places to Call Home: Settlements in the West
- Winter in the West
- The Kinsey African American Art & History Collection – Tacoma Art Museum
Looking for even more content to share? Follow us on social media for additional content relating to the art, artists, vendors, speakers, performers, sponsors, and more. We love to share partner content!