Discount Admission Programs
Blue Star Museums
Tacoma Art Museum is one of more than 2,000 museums across America to offer free admission to military personnel and their families this summer in collaboration with the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, and the Department of Defense.
Free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel including National Guard and Reserve and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day 2016.
Leadership support has been provided by MetLife Foundation through Blue Star Families. The program also provides families an opportunity to enjoy the nation’s cultural heritage and learn more about their new communities after a military move. The complete list of participating museums is available here.
Tacoma Art Museums, joins other local museums in staying open late (5–8 pm) and free to the public every third Thursday of the month. Enjoy all of our exhibitions, happy hour in the TAM Cafe, as well as additional programming and entertainment.
Tacoma Museum Pass
Your Bridge to Culture
Visit the Tacoma Art Museum, Washington State History Museum, Museum of Glass, LeMay-America’s Car Museum, and Foss Waterway Seaport for one low price. More info
Children’s Museum of Tacoma Partnership
Receive free admission to TAM after visiting the Children’s Museum of Tacoma (CMT). Young children and their families will be introduced to works of art, various themes, and different creative processes through hands-on art activities at both museums. More info
Art Access Pass
Library cardholders can check out an Art Access Pass from their local library in Pierce County for free admission of up to four people, not including children five and under who are always admitted free.
- Tacoma Public Library
- Pierce County Library System
- Puyallup Public Library
- Roy City Library
- Fort Lewis Library System
- McChord Air Force Base Library
MUSE Members – Student and Faculty
Students and faculty at the following institutions receive free admission through our MUSE program.
- Pacific Lutheran University
- Pierce College
- Tacoma Community College
- The Evergreen State College
- University of Puget Sound
- University of Washington – Tacoma
Museums on Us from Bank of America
Available the first weekend of every month, all Bank of America bankcard holders and employees receive free admission to Tacoma Art Museum, as part of Bank of America’s national Museums on Us program.
- EBT Cardholders: $1 individual admission and $2 family admission
- AAA members receive $2 off admission
- UWAA members receive $2 off admission
- Free admission during community festivals throughout the year (see calendar)
- Museum Day Live is a national day to visit participating museums for free. See calendar for specific date (usually in September).