Opening Day Events
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Street Detour Notice: Hood Street is closed due to construction along the Prairie Line Trail. Please follow City of Tacoma Signage to detour one block from Hood Street to enter TAM and Courthouse parking lots.
3 – 4 pm
Curator Conversation: Dorothy Mossâ€”The Outwin 2016
The Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition is one of the most prestigious art competitions in the nation! More than 2,500 artists entered in 2016. How do jurors decide which works are the winners? What makes an individual work stand out among the many entries? How did the competition begin? Discover the answers to these questions and more with curator Dorothy Moss.
Ticket Update for Curator Conversation (updated January 31, 2017):
- This event is now sold out, and we have closed ticket sales.
- If you have pre-registered for the Curator Conversation, please check in at the Registration Table located outside of Murray Family Event Space by 2:50 pm on Saturday, February 4. Any outstanding, unclaimed tickets will be given to those on the waitlist.
- If you have not registered and would like to be added to the waitlist, please check in at the Registration Table located outside of Murray Family Event Space between 2 and 2:45 pm on Saturday, February 4. We unfortunately cannot guarantee a ticket and are only accepting waitlist names in person on Saturday.
7 – 10 pm
Members’ Opening Celebration : The Outwin 2016
Celebrate the first-ever national tour of this prestigious portrait competition at the opening of The Outwin 2016: American Portraiture Today. See innovative contemporary works by 43 artists, listen to lively music, and pose for an instant portrait! Enjoy appetizers and a no-host bar.
RSVP and Tickets
- Free for members.
- $20 general, $10 students with ID.
- Tickets available at the door.
Members’ Opening in-kind support provided by Heritage Distilling Co. and Northwest Costume.
For more programs and events related to the The Outwin 2016, please visit our calendar page and enter “outwin” in the search field, or click here.