Submitting an Exhibition Proposal
Thank you for your interest in submitting an exhibition proposal to Tacoma Art Museum. To ensure the timely and thorough review of your proposal, please follow these guidelines.
- Exhibition proposal explaining your concept, relevance to Tacoma Art Museum, and artwork to be included
- If you are proposing to curate it, information about you including any relevant professional experience as a curator or biographical information
- Fact sheet detailing number and size of artworks in proposed exhibition, linear or square feet required, costs, insurance coverage, and scheduling availability
- Images of artwork. Digital images, or links to digital images, are preferred. The museum no longer accepts CDS, slides, transparencies, or color prints. Please do not submit original artwork. The museum cannot accept unsolicited artwork through the mail or in person without prior written approval. The museum will not be responsible for lost or damaged material.
- If sending by mail, self-addressed and stamped envelope to ensure return of your materials if desired.
Materials should be sent to:
email@example.com with the subject line “Exhibition Proposal”
Tacoma Art Museum Curatorial Department
Attn: Exhibition Proposals
1701 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402
The curatorial staff and exhibition planning committee review proposals on an ongoing basis. Due to the high volume of proposals we receive, we will most likely reply within three to six months of submission.
Please be advised that our schedule is planned a minimum of two years in advance with a strong emphasis on Northwest art or content relevant to the communities of our region. Exhibitions are carefully balanced to offer a wide variety of programming and numbers of exhibitions per year are limited; therefore, we are unable to incorporate the majority of the proposals we receive.