Volunteer Request Form
Please use this form to submit requests for volunteer assistance. A two week lead time is appreciated.
Please Note: This form is for internal staff use only.
Shortly after your request is received, the Volunteer Manager will:
- Open shifts on VolunteerHub for signup
- Determine a plan for sharing the opportunity with volunteers
- Confirm shift posting(s) and communication plan with the staff member requesting help
- Notify staff member of volunteer signups when requested
Note: You will receive email notifications from VolunteerHub when people signup for the shift(s) you listed above. Volunteers who’ve signed up will also receive an email reminder about the shift a few days beforehand.
The staff member submitting this request will be responsible for:
- Communicating with registered volunteers prior to their arrival, as needed. (Please copy the Volunteer Manager on all communications with volunteers.)
- Greeting and orienting volunteers when they are onsite
- Preparing all necessary materials to complete the tasks and providing space to work
- Providing enough work to fill the time span listed on VolunteerHub
- Showing gratitude and appreciation for the time volunteers lend to the museum
- Notifying the Volunteer Manager if any issues arise while working with volunteers