Elementary School (PreK-5th Grade) Programs
Choose from one of the following themes for your group’s virtual program. We can also work with you to create a customized program to meet your learning goals.
For info on pricing, cancellation policies, and more, click here.
- $100 per program session (up to 30 students)
- Feelings and Faces: Add $75 per classroom (up to 30 students)
- Art-making materials can be delivered to local school sites (Pierce County, Thurston County, South King County, and South Kitsap County) free of charge. Outside this area, schools are responsible for paying the shipping cost.
- Scholarship rate: 25% off
- Building discount: If multiple teachers from the same school book a program, each program receives 10% off. (This can be combined with scholarship rate if applicable.)
How Artists Create
How do artists use the elements of art to create meaning? Dive deeper into artists’ choices during a virtual tour, including line, shape, and color. Supports state Visual Arts standards
What stories do artists tell in their works of art? Discover setting, character, and plot with a virtual tour.
Supports CCSS English Language Arts and state Visual Art standards
Feelings and Faces
Artists use many different techniques to convey emotion. What feelings do you want to express? Explore the use of color, symbol, and facial expressions in artwork through a virtual tour. Then, create your own work of art that expresses a feeling!
This program includes art-making materials in individual student kits, which can be delivered to local school sites or shipped to your school.
Supports state Visual Arts and Social-Emotional Learning standards
Questions? Please email us at Tours@TacomaArtMuseum.org or call 253-272-4258 x3026.
School Group Tours are generously supported by
US Bankcorp Foundation, The Florence B. Kilworth Foundation, The Gottfried and Mary Fuchs Foundation,
Wheeler Charitable Trust, and William Kilworth Foundation.